Durham School Services, a national leader in student transportation, has been operating bus services for Waukee Community School District since July 1, 2013. Durham operates approximately 50 buses for the district. Every bus features two digital video cameras to monitor student behavior and the latest in GPS technology to provide real-time data from the road and help manage fuel consumption. All special education buses are equipped with air-conditioning.
If you have any questions regarding transportation, please feel free to call the General Manager. If you have questions regarding bus fees, please call the District Office at 515.987.5161.
Enroll/Cancel Transportation Services
Transportation Request Form – This form must be completed to enroll for transportation or to cancel transportation with Durham.
**This applies if you did not complete transportation during the registration process.
Busing & Walk Zones
Busing and applicable fees are determined by your primary home address.
- Elementary Schools: more than 1 mile from the school = free
- Secondary Schools: more than 2 miles from the school = free
Walk-zones will be defined as:
- Elementary Schools: living less than 1/2 mile from the school
- Secondary Schools (grades 6-12): living less than 1 mile from the school
- Within these walk-zones, students will not be allowed to enroll in pay-to-ride transportation services.
- Distances are calculated in accordance with board policy:
Round Trip: $400 per year, per child
One-Way Trip: $200 per year, per child
- Fees will be assessed within the 1st quarter of school for the 1st semester.
- Fees will be assessed within the 3rd quarter of school for the 2nd semester.
Fees are non-refundable if the cancellation process has taken effect after fees have been assessed.
- Forms may be submitted via email, but these are only accepted in a scanned PDF format to the email below:
If mailing forms, please send them to the address below:
Waukee Community School District
560 SE University Ave
Waukee, IA 50263
Contact Information for Durham Services
Our bus facility is located at 605 University Ave., Waukee, IA 50263.
- Phone: 515.987.2788
- Fax: 515.987.2701
Gwen Brettman, General Manager
Ron Davis, Safety Manager
Scott Plummer, Routing
Elisa Kpurukoo, Operations Supervisor
Bonnie Tovrea, Trip Coordinator
Marjorie Burnett, Student Behavior Specialist
Mary Dickey, Dispatcher
Karissa Hicks, Administrative Assistant & Payroll